Saturday, September 1, 2012

Just finished the first three weeks of teaching third grade in Franklin, TN.  With all the new components it has been rather challenging.  New students, new parents, new teachers all these make for an interesting start.
The most challenging has been the transition to common core.  As I learn more about CC and find ways of incorporating it I will share my findings.
I would love to hear from others on how you are doing with all the changes to education.
Seems to me that we are all so busy trying to keep our heads above water that we don't realize that there are others out there going through the same things.

One thing that helps me make the lessons come to life is getting out and exploring.  This year was a trip to Cumberland Gap National Forest.


No comments:

Post a Comment